The most recent meeting between the two teams took place on May 19, 2019, when Furth prevailed, in front of their supporters, score 2-1. I did not find pictures from that match, so I give you the summary of a previous one.
1.What is the form of the teams in the last 5 matches?
- St. Pauli
- Last result: 1-1 vs Bielefeld (d)
- Shape: D D W L W
St. Pauli did not have a good season last season, finishing only 9th in Zweite, without issuing any claim to promotion. The team started hesitating and the new edition of the second German football league, drawing only on the field of Bielefeld, score 1-1. However, it should be noted that the victory escaped from his fingers, because he opened the scoring from the beginning of the game, but was equal in the last moments of play.
- Last result: 0-2 vs Aue (a)
- Shape: L L L D W
On the other side, Furth looked even worse. The team only ranked 13 at the end of last season, a short distance from the red zone groups. She started extremely badly and the new championship edition, considering that in the opening round she lost without a right of appeal, at home, 0-2 with Aue. He scored in both halves.
2.News, analysis, statistics and progress on the 2 teams.
- Comes after 3 consecutive positive results
- Has scored in each of the last 9 matches
- In the last 3 games played by her have scored SUB 2.5 goals
- He has won the last 2 meetings on his own field with Furth, while being undefeated in the last 4.
- Defensive midfielder Knoll and offensive tackle Buchtmann are the most valuable players (listed at 1.5 million euros each)
- Comes after 3 consecutive defeats, in which he could not even score
- In the last 4 matches played by her have scored SUB 2.5 goals
- He has scored more than one goal in the last 8 games played once
- Failed to win in the last 3 official trips played
- Left winger Wittek and defensive midfielder Seguin are the most valuable players (one million euros each)
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Himmelmann; Park, Avevor, Knoll, Buballa; Hornschuh; Miyaichi, Becker, Daehli, Conteh; Diamantakos
Unavailable: Veerman (Injured), Tashchy (Injured), Flum (Injured), Zander (Injured), Benatelli (Injured), Ostigard (Injured)
Doubtful: Ziereis (Injured)
- A last-minute equaliser denied St. Pauli an opening win at Arminia Bielefeld on Monday night but they could have little complaints about the result and must recover quickly for this Friday night clash.
- There were no new signings in Jos Luhukay’s starting XI on Monday but Marc Hornschuh made his long-awaited comeback from injury and youngster Christian Conteh was handed a debut, which he crowned with a goal.
- Brighton loanee Viktor Gyokeres made a late cameo against Bielefeld and will be hopeful of featuring again with Borys Tashchy and Henk Veerman sidelined by injuries, leaving Dimitrios Diamantakos as the only other fit striker.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Burchert; Meyerhofer, Caligiuri, Mavraj, Wittek; Green, Seguin, Mohr; Stefaniak, Keita-Ruel, Redondo
Unavailable: Steininger (Out of favour), Parker (Out of favour)
- Greuther Furth started their campaign with a 2-0 defeat at home to Erzgebirge Aue, despite creating the better chances, and have won just one of their last seven Bundesliga II matches stretching back to last season.
- Summer signings Marco Meyerhofer, Marvin Stefaniak and Mergim Mavraj all went straight into the starting line-up against Aue while Havard Nielsen came off the bench for his debut, as did 18-year-old Jamie Leweling.
- Strikers Daniel Steininger and Shawn Parker remain out of the first-team picture under coach Stefan Leitl and will play no part, but otherwise Leitl has a full squad to pick from for the trip to Hamburg.
Football Prediction of the Day St. Pauli vs Furth
St. Pauli have scored no more than one goal in six of their last seven league games at home and Luhukay is regarded as one of the more defensive-minded coaches around. Greuther Furth were one of only two sides that failed to score on the opening weekend so this could be a low-scoring affair.
Bet Tips: St. Pauli